Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cross is Back!

(Racing under the lights is the best!)

Back to racing this weekend! Well, kinda... I was in no shape for the USGP races so I stayed home and raced locally. I was really in no shape for the local racing either, but it was fun to get out on my Ellsworth and the race was super cool! The Bay Area Super Prestige series put on a night race under the lights with a tight spectator friendly venue that made for a great atmosphere and attracted a big and deep women's field (and big fields all around). The course had lots of twists and turns with a few steep little kickers for some fun riding and run up torture.

In some ways, the race was a bummer because I had no snap and not much energy, but mostly it was a ton of fun to be back on the cross course! I love cross -- i love zooming around on the dirt/grass/etc, i love the energy of the spectators, and i love riding my bike. I just wish the season weren't so short...

No comments:

Post a Comment