Saturday, October 31, 2009

H1N1 is no fun!

After getting a stomach virus a few weeks ago, I was hoping to be immune from sickness for the rest of cross, but alas... this is just not my lucky season. The stomach virus must have told h1n1 what a good viral host i was... because this week the flu bug hunted me down and attacked!

Being sick makes the Ellsworths (and me) very sad because I don't get to go out and play cyclocross which is my all time favorite fall activity. But on the bright side, I had a little buddy come keep me company and cheer me up while I was at home on the couch.

Meet Rubin (isn't he sooo cute?):

Now I imagine that Rubin did not enjoy spending the day with a sick person as much as I enjoyed having a cute little puppy around... after a bit of napping I started getting some stares and some whines from Rubin. I finally got the hint that he needed some play time when he started chasing his tail...

So we went to the backyard for a little sunshine...

where Rubin barked ferociously at the neighborhood cats (i don't think they'll be visiting me again any time soon)

We also went on a very slow and short walk to go see the cows (I don't know if Rubin had ever seen cows before... or if the cows had ever seen a Rubin). The cows gave Rubin a number of stares and a few moos... which didn't really phase the little guy. He was more interested in all the wonderful smells --- mmmm.

While Rubin sniffed and sniffed, I made an offering to this one curious cow -- he really likes yellow flowers! Check out that tongue!!

Aside from a few mini adventures, Rubin and I spent most of the day napping...




...and dreaming of being back on the bike soon (well, that's what i was dreaming about anyway...)

No comments:

Post a Comment